About Me

My photo
Hola! I am an artist who, like every artist, is always questioning if I really am one. I do not come from the land down under, but I sure wish I did. I try real hard to make people like me and think I'm funny. I am also way into creating absolutely everything the internet has to offer (I've had 3 myspaces, one facebook, a twitter account, and this is my second blog). And I also love Jesus and am passionate about the life he has laid out for everyone. Oh, and I love stories. Please, tell me yours... and I'm not asking, I'm telling you to.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Katlyn sent me a letter


and I received it today. It was one of the most thoughtful things anyone has ever done for me. A couple weeks ago she said she had something for me. She also said that she knew I'd love it. So inside of her pen and ink written letter were a gold wax seal candle and stamp. Boy does she know me well! First of all, gifts is one of my top love languages. To me, the more thoughtful a gift is, the more you show me you love me. The reason it's so thoughtful is because I would use a wax seal to seal my letters and cards with. She remembered that small detail about me. Another reason it was so thoughtful is because of the things she wrote in the letter. She encouraged me with her words. She took the time to write it.. it took her two days since she had to let the front side dry before writing on the back side (and yes, it was TWO sides... she wrote THAT much!).

I wish people wrote more encouraging letters to eachother. You have no idea how much it can make eachother's days... you'll feel so great about encouraging someone and they will feel so great because someone actually cares about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment