About Me

My photo
Hola! I am an artist who, like every artist, is always questioning if I really am one. I do not come from the land down under, but I sure wish I did. I try real hard to make people like me and think I'm funny. I am also way into creating absolutely everything the internet has to offer (I've had 3 myspaces, one facebook, a twitter account, and this is my second blog). And I also love Jesus and am passionate about the life he has laid out for everyone. Oh, and I love stories. Please, tell me yours... and I'm not asking, I'm telling you to.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Family

I sense the greatest love within my family when my house is packed with relaives or friends. Right now, we've got my whole immediate family, plus brother in law, niece, and aunt. It's really something special to feel comfortable late at night sitting in my livingroom alone while listening to the sound my brother in law walking his baby girl to sleep right above me. Everyone else is asleep except for us, but nobody seems to mind that there's a cooing baby right outside their bedroom door. I feel freer to live here when this house is jam packed because all we need is eachother's presence and the sound of a cooing baby outside your room or the cling-cling of the computer game is the reassurance that those you love are right here with you, not an annoyance.

This evening my aunt went to bed early, yet the rest of us stayed up spending time together watching tv, reading, being on the internet, doing sudoku, talking... it was nice. I felt no obligation to be with them, I just wanted to. I didn't feel as though they had to entertain me or I had to entertain them, like I usually do when it's just my parents, youger sister, and I. As usual, I got a few lovely back rubs without owing one in return :] We just love eachother so much that knowing we are all present is enough.

How wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment